The location of Brkač was already inhabited in Antiquity, and the first mention of the village dates back to the 12th century. An older church could be found here in the 9th or 10th century, while the present-day church of St. Pancras was built in 1942 on the location of a former church built in the 15th century and destroyed in 1941. According to the scripts of Prospero Petronio, a tomb containing a body of a man-giant was found in 1656. When the tomb was opened the body turned into dust. The Home for Mentally Disabled Adults is situated in Brkač.